The Hundred Islands National Park is now open to residents of Region 1. Health protocols will be followed to ensure the safety of visitors. Here is the list of things you should know before visiting Hundred Islands amidst the covid-19 pandemic.
See you soon in the Hundred Islands National Park!
Number of Guests Per Day
1. A maximum of 1, 000 guests shall be accommodated per day distributed as follows per point of entry.
a. Lucap Park 750 guests
b. Bued 150 guests
c. Bolo 100 guests
2. Guests whose reservation was made prior to the date of travel shall be in the 1st priority list to visit the HINP subject to the standard health measures.
3. Reservation via on-line specifically through email and messenger and phone calls is encouraged.
ACCOMMODATION OF GUEST AT THE POINT OF ENTRIES
1. The following basic eligibility requirements prior to registration shall be strictly observed:
a. Only those guests whose age ranges from 21 to 59 shall be allowed to visit the (HINP).
b. Guests should present a health certificate proving they are free of any of the COVID-19 symptoms and valid IDs or documents as evidence of their age and residence.
c. Travel Authority may likewise be required when presented aforementioned requirements are insufficient.
2. There shall be no guests who will be allowed to tour around the Lucap Park or at the premises of the designated point of entry prior to the registration.
3. Guest shall register individually using the manifest form and shall be subjected to the standard temperature check and hand and foot sanitation at the designated area determined by the City Tourism Office.
4. Temperature reading shall be indicated in the manifest form. In case the temperature reaches beyond 37.5 C, he/she shall automatically be denied from entering the HINP and other premises, be immediately held at an isolation area while the City Health Officer the other hand shall conduct necessary health and safety measures.
5. There shall be no person allowed to transact business without wearing a face mask.
6. Any guest entering any part of the HINP without passing through the registration process at any point of entry shall not be allowed.
B. Assessment and Payment of Fees
1. Only the designated one (1) person per group representative shall be allowed to transact for the payment of fees. For those who shall enter through the Lucap Park Tourism Office. Each individual shall be subjected to hand and foot sanitation.
2. The guest representative shall fill up the logbook for the time in and time out for purposes of monitoring.
1. There should be a separate docking area for purposes of boarding and unloading at the point of entry and at the HINP.
2. Boatmen and their respective assistants shall be subjected to the standard temperature check and disinfection process prior to boarding at the point of entry.
3. All passengers should wear a facemask and practice social distancing of at least 1 meter apart while falling in the line at the boarding area.
Size of Motorboat Allowed Number of Passengers
- Small 2 or 3
- Medium 4 or 5
- Large 6 to 8
*The rates on motorboat rent pursuant to Ordinance No. 2015-10 shall remain in force.
ISLAND ADVENTURE AND ACTIVITIES
Social distancing shall be imposed in all island activities to wit:
- Banana Boat
- Prayers/Stations of the Cross
- Helmet Diving
- Cliff Jumping at Marcos Is.
- Island Hopping
- Zip line
Minimum Health Standards While on Tour
1. The assigned boatman and his assistant and the guests shall wear masks all throughout the tour except when swimming.
2. A one (1) meter distance from each person shall be observed in the boat. The boatman shall stay at the back of the boat while his assistant shall stay in front.
3. Alcohol or any form of sanitizer shall be provided in the boat.
SCHEDULE OF OPERATION AND DISINFECTION
A. Tour shall begin at 6:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Guest shall leave the ports of origin not beyond 1:00 PM.
B. Office premises and facilities shall be closed and disinfected with the schedule as follows:
Office/Port of Origin 4:30 PM 5:00PM-6:00PM
Island Facilities 3:00 PM 3:00 PM-6:00 PM
Comfort Rooms and Shower 8:30 PM 8:30 PM-10:00 PM
Lucap Park (i.e.Tables and Chairs) 8:00 PM 8:00 PM-10:00PM
C. Food court, Souvenir Stalls, Pasalubong Centers, Organic Post and Refreshment Parlors located at Lucap Park shall be closed at exactly 6:30 PM and disinfected from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Operators and owners shall take charge of disinfecting their own stalls and premises.
Motorboats shall be disinfected prior to every tour at the account of the boat operator.
GUIDELINES ON THE OPERATION OF HOTELS AND ACCOMMODATION ESTABLISHMENTS (AEs) AND OTHER EXTERNAL PROVIDERS
A. Hotels and other AEs
1. Accommodation establishments may undertake normal operations and may accommodate bookings of all guests, whether for work or for leisure, provided that operations shall be at 50% operational capacity, provided that a Certificate of Authority to Operate has been secured from the Department of Tourism Region 1.
2. Ancillary establishments within the premises such as restaurants, cafes, bars, gyms, spas and the like shall be allowed to operate at 50% operational capacity.
3. Apply guidelines on minimum public health standards with minimum requirements during the operation.
4. Employees may be subjected to a random medical check-up to be conducted by the City Health Office as necessity demands.
5. The designated members of the Composite Inspection Team created through EO 11 Series of 2020 shall conduct an inspection prior to operation of the AEs and periodic thereafter for those with Certificate of Authority to Operate from DOT-Region I. A Certificate of Readiness to Operate shall likewise be issued by the City Government upon inspection.
1. Motorboats shall secure Certificate of Authority to Operate from the City Tourism Office after inspection of the designated Composite Inspection Team to ensure compliance to the minimum health standards.
2. Boats should at the minimum bear markings for passengers sitting arrangement and signage on safety reminders.
3. Lifejackets provided in the boat should be clean and disinfected between uses of guests.
C. Souvenir Stalls, Ambulant and Refreshment Vendors
1. Selling of souvenirs, refreshment products, and other related products shall be made only at the designated area at the point of entry. Selling of products approaching and chasing the guests is strictly prohibited.
2. Vendors at the point of entry who are interested in the venture shall register at the Tourism Office prior to operation. Only those with existing business permits shall be allowed to operate.
3. Operation of any ambulant vendor at the island is temporarily suspended until further notice.
D. Mini Restaurants and Food Court
1. Take-out orders are encouraged to minimize close contact.
2. Dine-in shall be allowed at 50% of the venue and operational capacity employing the minimum health standard protocol such as but not limited to:
a. Installation of protective acetate as a barrier in between the customer and the attendant/s.
b. Attendants wearing facemask and gloves at all times.
c. Disinfection of tables and surfaces after each use.
d. Provision of disposable utensils for dine-in customers.
3. Operators shall register at the Tourism Office prior to operation. Only those with existing business permits shall be allowed to operate.
Effectivity of the Schedule of Accommodation
Guest visiting the HINP shall be limited to the residents of Region 1 effective September 25, 2020
Photos of Hundred Islands