Cabongaoan Beach is a white sand beach located in Burgos, Pangasinan. It takes about five hours drive from Manila. Don’t expect a three lane highway to get here though. It’s remote and off the beaten track and will take around 45 minutes to an hour to get there from Burgos town.
This beach will amaze you with its white sand and clear waters. The sand is not that perfect, not as beautiful as Boracay, but very similar to Patar white sand beach in Bolinao. It has a charm of its own.
A visit to Cabongaoan Beach will not be completed without witnessing the so-called “Deathpool”. It is one of the reasons why Cabongaoan Beach became very popular today. Originally called Depth Pool, locals coined the term “Death Pool” because it suited the site’s thrilling effect. The Death Pool is a natural pool or a lagoon located on the far right side of the beach. This natural pool and other rock formations on
Cabongaoan Beach was formed by the incessant lapping of tidal waves against the shore through the centuries. When the water and waves were tamed, people can actually swim near or even in the lagoon itself. Aside from the white sand beach and the Death Pool, you will also be amazed by the rock formation around the area.
The picturesque view of the Death Pool, beautiful rock formations, and the pristine beach are the main reasons why the place is loved by nature lovers and photographers. Also became a favorite venue for prenuptial photo-shoot in Pangasinan.
Things You Should Know Before Visiting Cabongaoan Beach In Pangasinan
- Cabongaoan Beach is accessible but expect a long bumpy ride
- Cottages will range from Php500 to Php2500
- There is NO entrance fee to Cabongaoan Beach and to the Death Pool
- Parking Fee is Php100
- Comfort Rooms are available for free
- Stores can be spotted nearby the resort
- You can bring foods and stoves can be rented.
- Most cottages have outlets to charge your gears and gadgets
- Some parts of the shore can be very sharp because of the rocks so be cautious
- The place could be really crowded on weekends
How to get to Cabongaoan Beach
How to go to Cabongaoan Beach from Manila
1. Victory or FiveStar bus from Cubao to Alaminos or Bolinao (5hrs)
2. Get off at Alaminos Bus Station
3. Go to the Victory Liner terminal (walking distance from FiveStar), wait for bus going to Sta. Cruz Php30 (1 hr).
4. Get off at Burgos town proper
5. Hire Trike to Tambobong Beach (45min – 1 hr)
* Get tricycle driver’s contact number so he can fetch you
* It would be better if you already have a resort in mind so the tricycle can drop you off near that area
Going back to Manila, it would be easier if you take jeep bound to Alaminos. There are plenty of buses in Alaminos that will bring you back to Manila.
By Private Car
It easy to drive going to Burgos, Take NLEX-SLEX-TPLEX to Lingayen, Pangasinan. From Lingayen drive eastward to Alaminos. From Alaminos, there will be signage going to Dasol. Burgos will come fist before Dasol. From Burgos Public Market, it will be a long and bumpy ride going to Cabongaoan Beach. The road is not 100% paved thus it will be bumpy for more or less an hour.
Also on Asenso Pangasinan :
– Busai Falls in Bani Pangasinan
– Mt. Balungao Hilltop Adventure Resort – Hot and Cold Springs
– Rock View Beach Resort – Spectacular Rock Formations in Bolinao
– Enchanted Cave: Underground Natural Spring Pool
– Wonderful Cave in Bolinao