As part of positioning Bani Pangasinan as the “Watermelon Capital of the North”, the town will be holding its first ever Pakwan Festival on February 6 to 9, 2014.
Bani, the watermelon producer in Pangasinan had been known not only in the entire Northern Luzon, but also in the Philippines for its Pakwan. Grown in soil rich with limestones, the Bani’s watermelon is surely one of a kind.
Pakwan Festvital aims to boost the tourism industry and to further address the importance of watermelon as the primary product of the town.
The event will start with the unveiling of the Pakwan Fountain located at the center of the municipal plaza followed by the opening of the agricultural fair to showcase the different products of the town.
The four-day celebration will be highlighted with fun fair activities that include bungee jumping, street dancing competition, drum and lyre competition, human pakwan, symposium for farmers associations, and Bani’s Got Talent.
Feb. 2, 2014
- 2:00 PM – Bingo Bonanza
Feb. 6, 2014
- 8:00 AM – Opening Ceremony & Unveiling of Kakwan Marker
Feb. 6-9, 2014
- 8:00AM – 6:00 PM – Agri-Trade Fair Exhibit
Feb. 6, 2014
- 6:00 PM – Fireworks Display
Feb. 7, 2014
- 8:00 AM – Pakwan Growers Association Day
Feb. 8, 2014
- 6:00 AM – Street Dancing Competition
- 7:00 AM – Talk N Text Panalo Zone
- 7:00 AM-8:00 AM – Pakwan – Love Ko ‘To!
- 1:00 PM – Pakwan Fun Fair
- 7:00 PM – Bani’s Got Talent
Feb. 9, 2014
- 5:00 AM – Fun Run
- 7:00 AM -8:00 AM – Pakwan Love Ko ‘To!
- 9:00 AM – Drum & Lyre Competition
- 9:00 AM – Pakwan Festival Invitational Funshoot 1st Mayor Gwen Palafox-Yamamoto Cup
- 7:00 PM – Festival King and Queen